Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daily Mass by Nick Byrne


I enjoy going to daily mass before work. I go to daily mass to see my friends in the morning who want to start their day with Jesus (the true breakfast of champions, sorry Wheaties) and to hear the word of God. This lent I realized that I have a hard time paying attention. I try so hard to listen to the word of God but I just can’t. If I cannot listen, then why do I go (I am reminded of the classes in college that I just slept in, pointless to have gone)? The biggest reason why I go to daily mass is so I can be equipped with Jesus for the day ahead. God knows that I make an effort to have a relationship with him. During lent I have made an effort to wake up and pay attention not only at mass but in the world around me. It is not easy to live a Christian life, but having God within me every morning I feel the grace to conquer each and every day without fear.



Nick Byrne is an employee with Turner Construction Company. His faith community is Old Saint Patrick’s located on the crossroads of Adams and Des Plains in downtown Chicago. He volunteers at the young adult’s events and is also a high school youth group leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment